Friday 26 February 2016

Peer mediation- merit-post 1

On wednesday I had my first peer mediation duty. I would have had anotherd duty last wdnesday but I was not available so I got my friend to cover for me. My group isn't really a group it is a pair, it's just sasha and I. We didn't get many problems only two infact but I suppose thats a good thing because that means people are sorting out there own problems or there are a lot of teachers on duty.

The two problems we had were both really minor and both were in the juinor area. Our first problem was a girl whos little brother kept following her around so they came up with a compromisation and the problem hasn't come up again since.

The second problem that was brought to us was extremely minor just some people who were argueing over the rules of the game. The six boys involved in the game agreed to start over after agreeing on a new set of rules with us present.

I showed reilience by keeping walking even though we barely had any problems. I showed community by helping the teachers,walking around solving problems.

I beleive we are doing a very good job being peer mediators. I also think with the smaller amount of problems that others are starting to figure out how to solve their own problems.                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment